By Jane Ellis,Ravi K. Thiara
Read or Download Preventing violence against women and girls: Educational work with children and young people PDF
Best violence in society books
The worldwide age is unique by means of disobedience, from the protests in Tiananmen sq. to the autumn of the Berlin Wall, to the anti-G8 and anti-WTO demonstrations. during this publication, Raffaele Laudani bargains a scientific evaluation of ways disobedience has been conceptualised, supported, and criticised all through heritage.
The keep an eye on of Violence in sleek Society, starts off from the speculation that during sleek society we are going to face an expanding lack of regulate over sure phenomena of violence. This results in unpredictable escalations and violence can not be contained safely by way of the suitable keep an eye on regimes, resembling police, country surveillance associations, nationwide repression apparatuses and overseas legislation.
The tip of 1 struggle is usually the start of one other as the cessation of clash produces new demanding situations: a competition among the winners and losers over the phrases of peace, and a conflict in the profitable get together over the spoils of battle. because the victors and the vanquished fight to set up a brand new political order, incidents of low-level violence often ensue and will enhance into an risky peace or renewed clash.
This publication examines foreign army interventions that experience supported balance in 4 groups in Afghanistan and Nepal, in an try and examine their luck and enhance this in destiny. this can be the 1st in-depth village-level evaluate of ways neighborhood populations conceive of balance and stabilisation, and gives a thought and version for a way balance might be created in groups in the course of and after clash.
- Everyday Violence in Britain, 1850-1950: Gender and Class (Women And Men In History)
- Sexual Violence in Conflict and Post-Conflict Societies: International Agendas and African Contexts (Routledge African Studies)
- Strategic Conflict (Routledge Communication Series)
- Global Lynching and Collective Violence: Volume 1: Asia, Africa, and the Middle East
- Theatres Of Violence: Massacre, Mass Killing and Atrocity throughout History (War and Genocide)
- Racial, Ethnic, and Homophobic Violence: Killing in the Name of Otherness
Additional resources for Preventing violence against women and girls: Educational work with children and young people
Preventing violence against women and girls: Educational work with children and young people by Jane Ellis,Ravi K. Thiara