By Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga
- Assembles key anthropological articles that problem approved definitions and ideas of house and place
- Reveals how either the conceptual and fabric dimensions of house in addition to of outfitted varieties and panorama features are significant to the construction of social life
- Includes advent that synthesizes current literature, highlights middle matters, and maps strength instructions for destiny research
- Brings classics in cultural anthropology including new theoretical approaches
Read or Download Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) PDF
Best human geography books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2001 im Fachbereich Geowissenschaften / Geographie - Regionalgeographie, notice: intestine, Universität Trier (Geographie / Geowissenschaften), Veranstaltung: Fachexkursion, 15 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In Kenya haben sich aufgrund unterschiedlicher Entwicklungen verschiedene Städtetypen entwickelt, die nach bestimmten Kriterien definiert werden können.
First released in 1984, this name discusses the emergence of either the orthodox and political financial system dependent methods to underdevelopment in geography , severely assessing their strengths and weaknesses, and exhibiting the connection among highbrow advancements and altering fabric stipulations.
Psychoanalytic Geographies is a distinct, path-breaking quantity and a middle textual content for someone trying to seize how psychoanalysis is helping us comprehend primary geographical questions, and the way geographical understandings can supply new methods of considering psychoanalytically. Elaborating on a number of psychoanalytic techniques that embody geographical imaginations and a dedication towards spatial considering, this publication demonstrates the breadth, intensity, and energy of state of the art paintings in psychoanalytic geographies and provides readers with as vast a suite of innovations as attainable for taking psychoanalysis ahead of their personal paintings.
Utilizing the case of the Chixoy Hydroelectric Dam in Guatemala, developed among 1978 and 1983, this booklet examines the consequences of displacement at the former citizens of Río Negro, a neighborhood forcibly evicted and approximately eradicated by means of the army and paramilitary. utilizing open-ended interview discussions and tales, it makes a speciality of this particular incident of displacement and violence and discusses the results 30 years later.
- Environment and You, The
- Die mediterranen Subtropen. Eine Betrachtung der Ökozone anhand verschiedener Abgrenzungskriterien (German Edition)
- Contemporary Culture and Media in Asia (Asian Cultural Studies: Transnational and Dialogic Approaches)
- Geography of Climate Change
Additional info for Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology)
Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) by Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga