By Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore
This better half brings jointly a workforce of best figures in modern philosophy to supply an in-depth exposition and research of Quine’s huge impression throughout philosophy’s many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his paintings, and revealing his persisted value today.
- Provides an in-depth account and research of W.V.O. Quine’s contribution to American Philosophy, and his place as one of many overdue twentieth-century’s such a lot influential analytic philosophers
- Brings jointly newly-commissioned essays via best figures inside of modern philosophy
- Covers Quine’s paintings throughout philosophy of common sense, philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, and more
- Explores his paintings on the subject of the origins of analytic philosophy in the USA, and to the background of philosophy extra broadly
- Highlights the breadth of Quine’s paintings around the self-discipline, and demonstrates the continued impression of his paintings in the philosophical community
Read Online or Download A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar philosophical movements books
This significant other brings jointly a crew of prime figures in modern philosophy to supply an in-depth exposition and research of Quine’s large impression throughout philosophy’s many subfields, highlighting the breadth of his paintings, and revealing his persisted importance this day. offers an in-depth account and research of W.
Representationalism grasps the that means and grammar of linguistic expressions when it comes to reference; that's, as made up our minds through the respective items, thoughts or states of affairs they're purported to symbolize, and via the inner constitution of the content material they articulate. for this reason, the semantic and grammatical houses of linguistic expressions allegedly replicate the structure of the gadgets they discuss with.
Em pace, trabalho e dominação social, Moishe Postone, professor de história moderna da Universidade de Chicago, propõe uma reinterpretação basic da teoria crítica de Marx. Fortemente influenciado pela Escola de Frankfurt e inserido em uma das tradições mais radicais e contemporâneas do marxismo, Postone analisa o capitalismo, antes de tudo, como uma forma de vida.
Neopragmatism and Theological cause examines the hot explosion of curiosity in pragmatism. half I lines the resource of classical pragmatism's distinct inspiration to Peirce, James, and Dewey - particularly to their shared theological realizing inherited from Emerson's Transcendentalism and British Romanticism.
- Illustrations of the Logic of Science
- Buddhist Existentialism: From Anxiety to Authenticity to Freedom
- The Ethics of Technology: A Geometric Analysis of Five Moral Principles
- The Common Good: Rising of a New Dawn How Living a More Conscious Life Can Heal a Nation One Heart, One Mind, One Thought at a Time
- The Body of Property: Antebellum American Fiction and the Phenomenology of Possession (American Literatures Initiative)
- Hegel's 'Phenomenology of Spirit': A Reader's Guide (Reader's Guides)
Extra info for A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to W. V. O. Quine (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Gilbert Harman,Ernest Lepore